Endless Vanilla Extract Kit for A Teacher Appreciation Gift


Don't tell the boy's teachers, but I just finished the first of their appreciation gifts.  We are getting close to the end of the school year which means my schedule is getting a bit busier with end of the school year volunteer opportunities, spring sports and planning a fun summer with the boys, so I knew better than to wait too much longer.  I've got a few other plans in the works, but this one is quick, cute and definitely worth sharing.

Materials:
Decorative glass bottle with stopper
Vanilla Beans
Decorations (label, vinyl, twine, yarn ... you get the point)

I ordered the vanilla beans from Amazon after looking for them in a few different shops, and I must say I was impressed.  Notice the "fog" inside the bottle.  That is due to the plumpness of the beans.  Splitting them open released all that goodness.

Putting together the kit took only a few minutes.  I printed the hang tag, punched the hole, split the vanilla beans in half (leave the very top intact), added the beans to the bottle, sealed with the plunger, cut the vinyl, applied it to the glass and tied on the hang tag.  I had all 4 done in less than 20 minutes and that included time to print, cut and prep.  The last step of adding the Vodka (you can also use Bourbon) is left for the teacher and allows me to drop it off at school without breaking any school policies.

In case you can't read the tag ...
"Endless Vanilla Extract Kit
Making It:  Fill with Vodka
Finishing It:  Age 3 Weeks
from our home to yours
Hillside Treehouse"

Feel free to make your own and give them as gifts.  I would love to hear from you if you do decide to use the idea or even if you just pin it for a later reference.


Update:  I made a batch for myself and this might possibly be the best vanilla I have ever used.  It took my French Toast to the next level and the kids raved about it.  Gotta love that!

Comments