On the road ... visiting my brother

We have been able to stop and see loads of friends and some family along our journey back "home".  All of the time spent driving has given me time to reflect on my many blessings.  Of course there are my children, but also my (little) brother who I just dropped in on with only a days warning.  He opened his home to my five rambunctious boys and myself without any reservations.   They made us a homemade dinner and we sat around getting caught up with one another while the boys played with their cousins.

As I look back on it I realize just how lucky I am to have such a great brother and the delightful woman that he married.  I realize not everyone gets to have this type of sibling relationship.  We went through some rocky spots together as a family that made us even closer.   I know my brother will be there for me always.  He may not always understand why I do the things that I do, but he has always been supportive.

Not only did they make us dinner and fill their living room with places for everyone to sleep, but they made breakfast the next morning and offered to help me do laundry.  Thankfully, we didn't have that much that needed to be washed just yet.  I hope my kids will be able to rely on one another in the same way when they are adults.

Comments