Painting the walls ... white?

SugarBear is concerned.  I've painted the walls in the playroom and he thinks they are white.  How boring!  I've assured him they are not white, but in fact they are a very light blue named Snow Drop.  He even called in JellyBean, HoneyBear and LoveBug to give their 2 cents.  They all agreed.  It is white, not blue.

In my defense I was starting with something that did cause me stress each time I walked into the room.  I don't know how they played in there.  Well, now that I think about it.  They didn't.  Since we moved into our home I had been disappointed by the children's lack of interest in playing in the one room designated for them.  Maybe they felt the same distress that I felt seemingly stemming from the previous owner's artistic expressions.

BEFORE:

The toys moved out with the previous owner, but the artistic expression of their children stayed behind.  We had actually thought the children might want to keep it, but they all wanted to know when Mommy was going to fix the walls.

Life got in the way and it took a little longer than I had planned, but the playroom is finally finished.

AFTER:



Now the children love to be in there playroom and even take their friends down to see it.  I was pleasantly surprised to see that even SugarBear, at his almost a teen age, wanted to show off the painting.

There is also a reminder about who we are as a family and where we find our strength.  (SugarBear's friend had never seen anyone write so clearly on a wall - I suspect in his house they are not allowed to write on the walls).

Comments

  1. Love the new game room. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It was a labor of love that of course took longer than expected.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?