On-The-Go Pancake Muffins & Omelet Cups



Isn't it funny how you can forget what worked one year and struggle with breakfast once school starts again?  Our boys take FOREVER to finish a bowl of cereal, so that isn't an option during the week.

Our go-to breakfast almost always includes eggs - we have around 45 hens.  Most mornings the boys have scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon and/or ham added in to them.  I can whip it up in less than 7 minutes while they set the table and get the drinks ready (I love chores!!)

Recently, one of the blogs that I read reminded me of the Omelet Cups I used to make and store in the refrigerator.  Check out the post here.  I had completely forgotten about this make-a-head wonder.  They can also be made with egg white, but muffin papers are really needed.  The yolks work like glue and without them the cups don't release as easily from the pan.

I like to sauté the onions, peppers and bacon to bring out a different flavor note.  Today, I added the last of the homemade salsa from Friday's cookout to the sauté.  


The house smells wonderful and the kids get excited about breakfast hours before it hits the table.

Another great go-to & one-the-go breakfast is Pancake Muffins.
1 c. Bisquick (the gluten free works well too)
2/3 c. Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (any type of milk will work)
1/2 c. Maple Syrup
Optional Toppings of Bacon Crumbles, Blueberries, Pecans, Chocolate Chips, etc

Pour into muffin cups, bake at 350 for 13-15 minutes.  Allow to cook and then store in the refrigerator until you are ready to reheat.  They can be served with a side of syrup, but they are good enough to eat on the go without the syrup (and mess).

Meet my baking partner from today.


He was at the bird feeder every time I turned to the sink.


Comments