Answer: 11 Loads

Question:  How many loads of laundry does a family of 6 make in 9 days?

Our laundry room, my office, our mud room and our powder room are all under renovation (some even creation), so we have been without a washer and dryer for 9 days.  I thought I was going to be able to wait for the washer and dryer to be installed in the new laundry room, but as the tower of dirty clothes threatened to bury me beneath them and I had to give in and visit the laundromat.

What I discovered is that I am spoiled.  Who knew?  Certainly not me.  My washer and dryer are jumbo capacity I guess.  What took me 11 loads at the laundromat would have only been 5 maybe 6 loads at home.  I guess it is still the same amount to fold and put away, but now I am $30 lighter than I was the day before thanks to coin-op machines.

Funny how a little thing like doing the laundry can really remind a person to be thankful for all that they have including the family that made all that mess.

Comments