What do you count?

I admit it.  I'm a bit type "A".  There are some things that I do, that I just do.  I don't intend to do them, but I do them.  Like counting.  I count chairs in the room, ceiling tiles above the dentist chair and items of clothing as I fold them.  That's not a complete list of course, but no sense frightening you.

We are a family of 6 that is very active, so we make a lot of laundry.  There is the normal daily clothing, the sport practice clothing, the ski clothing, snow gear, hiking gear and PJs.  I do laundry every day, but today it didn't add up.

As I folded and hung up one load there was something that was missing.  5 pair of pants, 3 pair of shorts, 5 polo shirts, 3 t-shirt, 7 sets of socks, 3 pair of underwear, 1 athletic support.

Did you notice the same problem?  Where are the underwear?  Did he just decide not to wear them anymore?  I did ask.  The answer was ... honest.  "I think I wore them everyday".

I left the room, but not before giving some advice.  "Find them."  He did.  Here and there.  Behind the shoes, under the hamper.  No, he wasn't trying to hide them.  They were just misplaced (how on earth does that happen?)  Some days I just shake my head and wonder what would happen if I didn't count ... smelly rooms is what would happen.

Comments