Validation In A Boiled Egg

I admit it, I've been boiled egg challenged ever since our hens started blessing us with a prolific supply of fresh eggs.



When school started this year we began supplying many of the teachers with fresh eggs, and I always look forward to hearing what they have made with their eggs.  The comment that always surprises me the most is "they make delicious hard boiled eggs", really?

If you have ever tried to boil and then peel a fresh egg you will know it is nearly impossible.  What I wanted to ask was exactly how long are you keeping these eggs before cooking them?  I had resorted to buying "store bought" eggs to make deviled eggs and they always taste a bit ... bland.  Eggs found in the grocery store are typically 3+ weeks old.  I won't get into the details, but they are not fresh.


I couldn't take it anymore, so I researched it again.  I found a new (to me) suggestion to boil the water and then add room temperature eggs to the boiling water, boil for 12 minutes, drain, cool in ice cold water for an additional 10 minutes and then peel.  IT WORKED!!  Today I successfully boiled AND PEELED 6 eggs!  I admit it.  I did a little happy dance right there in the kitchen.

Comments

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?