My darling husband was able to spend most of the week at home with us for Spring Break which you may not think is unusual, but for us it was a nice surprise. My darling travels extensively for work and was actually scheduled to be out of the country for the first few days of Spring Break until he was offered the chance to change jobs.
To make a VERY long story short I'll switch to bullet points:
* He interviewed.
* That company offered him a position resulting in a promotion.
* He gave his notice to his employer.
* One of his customers called with a job offer he had never expected (i.e. didn't interview).
* We talked a lot, we prayed a lot, we talked a lot more.
* My darling's answer came in two steps:
1. Acknowledging that as long as he was earnestly seeking God's Will both options were good.
2. Ecclesiastes 6:11-12 (The Message)The more words that are spoken, the more smoke there is in the air. And who is any better off? And who knows what's best for us as we live out our meager smoke-and-shadow lives? And who can tell any of us the next chapter of our lives?
* We stopped talking.
* My darling started his new job this week.
Which one did he take? That isn't the point. The point is recognizing how God worked in our lives to let my darling stay home during the kid's Spring Break and helped us to see how HIS timing is perfect every time. We are blessed by the times that HE lets us see just a glimpse of the picture and overwhelmed by the love that is showered upon such undeserving souls.
For your reading pleasure
During our recent trip to Walt Disney World the kids (really all of us) throughly enjoyed pin trading. By the end of our trip everyone had ...
A large family equals a large amount of trash. A large amount of it is recyclable, some is just trash and some would normally be compostabl...
If you know me in "real life" then you know that I have been working on the renovation of our children's ministry area in our...
What I Blog About
Adoption (14) Chickens (5) Christmas (2) Church (9) Eggs (24) Etsy (2) Family (16) Foster Care (17) Friendship (5) Fun for the Family Friday (2) GiggleBox (2) Hobbies (7) Home (31) HoneyBunny (25) IEP (2) JellyBean (26) Joys of Raising All Boys (27) LoveBug (28) Marriage Notes (6) Married To A Traveling Man (2) Mountain living (21) Once A Month Cooking (3) Our Pets (2) Out of His Mouth (5) Parenting (40) Parenting Made Me Say It (1) RAD (1) Recipes (13) Renovations (8) Researching Now (1) School (8) Self Motivation (3) Stay at home day (1) SugarBear (24) Through Their Eyes Thursday (9) Traditions (2) Tutorial (5) Vinyl (6) What Ya Doin' Wednesday (6) Wildlife (10)