Elk Everywhere

It seems that every time we leave the house we see elk now.

Elk cows on the way to school, bulls stopping traffic on the highway (those guys are HUGE!) and the babies are getting so big that they look almost like their parents out grazing in the meadow.  On the days that we don't see elk we almost always see mule deer.  I've even been fortunate enough to capture a buck mule deer battling it out with a bush in an effort to rid himself of his antlers.

I'm sure they will all disappear by the time my darling husband's family arrives to stay for Christmas.  There is just something about my mother-in-law being in town that cause the elk and deer to hide.  She never gets to see them.  I've assured them that she is a very nice woman.  Maybe her luck will change this month ...

Comments