Homework

I remember elementary school.  I will grant you that it was a LONG time ago, but I do remember it.  What I do not remember is doing this much homework!  My 6th grader and 1st grader both have homework this year.  Well, to be fair so does my Kindergartener, but it is coloring mostly.

My older kids have real homework.  The kind that requires me to think about it when I am checking it.  It has been years since I did Algebra and making a crossword puzzle out of a spelling list does not sound like fun to me.

I'm looking forward to the day when all of this clicks into place again along with discipleship, drum practice, lacrosse, play dates and doctor's appointments.  It has been a very good thing that we overcooked for our Labor Day Bar-B-Que.  Otherwise the children may have gone hungry tonight.  Not really, that would never happen.  I just didn't have much of anything left to give.  I'm planning to make it up to them in the morning with a "fancy breakfast".

My darling husband gets home tomorrow after traveling all week.  What I should be doing is planning a wonderful dinner for him to welcome him home, but what I AM planning is a play date for the kids and down time for me.  It may be PB&J for dinner, but then again I already bought the salmon so I might as well cook it.

Comments