Menu planning has never been my strength, so having something in the freezer to pull out fits our busy lifestyle well. Breakfast Burritos are especially great because they are not messy allowing them to be eaten on the go. As in on the way to the ski slopes, on the way down the hill for a lacrosse game, on the way to the airport, etc.
Breakfast Burritos for the Freezer
Hands on time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
2 thick slices of boneless ham, cubed
2 lbs of potatoes, shredded (substitute frozen hashbrowns)
3 (4 oz) cans of green chilies
18 egg whites (substitute large carton of egg substitute)
2 dozen large flour tortillas
3 cups shredded cheddar
3 tablespoons dried onion
1 tablespoon salt
pepper to taste
hot sauce to taste
1. Layer in two separate 9"X13" baking dishes the following ingredients to bake casserole style (saves on hands-on time and dishes). Ham, egg whites, salt, pepper, green chilies (I make one dish without), dried onion, shredded potatoes (hashbrowns), shredded cheese.
2. Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes testing for doneness by inserting a knife (just like you would with a cake).
3. Serve breakfast to your waiting family and let the rest set while you eat.
4. With breakfast now over it is time to wrap the remaining "casserole" up into tortillas turing it into "breakfast burritos".
5. Warm tortillas in microwave for 15 seconds.
6. Line up the tortillas across your work surface.
7. Measure 1 cup of casserole into each tortilla, tuck in the ends and roll the tortilla burrito style.
8. Line completed burritos up on a baking sheet and pop them into the freezer (seam down).
9. Next day, take them out of the freezer and pop them into zip lock bags and then return them to the freezer.
10. To reheat when needed either put them on a plate seam side down or wrap in wax paper before heating for 3 minutes in the microwave.
11. Let stand 1 minute and then enjoy or get going out the door.
For your reading pleasure
During our recent trip to Walt Disney World the kids (really all of us) throughly enjoyed pin trading. By the end of our trip everyone had ...
We will be leaving for our summer family vacation to Walt Disney World tomorrow and I have been making lists, packing things, checking thin...
As promised ... The Candle Lighting Ceremony This was the moment I (their Mom) cried. This is when it finally became so very real ...
What I Blog About
Adoption (14) Chickens (5) Christmas (2) Church (9) Eggs (24) Etsy (2) Family (16) Foster Care (17) Friendship (5) Fun for the Family Friday (2) GiggleBox (2) Hobbies (7) Home (31) HoneyBunny (25) IEP (2) JellyBean (26) Joys of Raising All Boys (27) LoveBug (28) Marriage Notes (6) Married To A Traveling Man (2) Mountain living (21) Once A Month Cooking (3) Our Pets (2) Out of His Mouth (5) Parenting (40) Parenting Made Me Say It (1) RAD (1) Recipes (13) Renovations (8) Researching Now (1) School (8) Self Motivation (3) Stay at home day (1) SugarBear (24) Through Their Eyes Thursday (9) Traditions (2) Tutorial (5) Vinyl (6) What Ya Doin' Wednesday (6) Wildlife (10)