Almond Butter

We were at the Farmer's Market earlier this week and picked up a delicious jar of Amish Peanut Butter.  In case you don't know (or it is not a standard thing) Amish Peanut Butter has Marshmallow Whip added to it and may be the best peanut butter I have ever had.  It doesn't even require bread, but at $8 for a very small jar I thought it might be worth giving it a try myself.


I had almonds on hand, so I used those.  1.5 cups in my mini-processor along with about a .25 cup of chocolate chips to off-set the saltiness of the roasted almonds.


Luckily, we had emptied a PJ jar yesterday at lunch and I had washed it out to repurpose.  


The results are tasty, but not quite as good as those at the Farmer's Market.  I think a bit more trial and error will give me the results I want for the money I am willing to spend.

Comments

  1. I love that you did this! I love almond butter, and you are right - it is so expensive! Recently, I made good use of our Vitamix blender and made almond butter in that. It was a fraction of the price! In fact, I think I'll be able to make 4-5 jars for the price of one. I love your idea of adding chocolate to it :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?